Visit us on our website

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Getting ready and some exciting updates

Its been a while since my last post....sorry.  Alot has been going on in the shop this last couple months. That and having a busy family we needed to take some time to enjoy the summer weather and the outdoors. Its time to get a move on with equipment and ground myself..not literally because taking a shock from a TIG welder hurts and would prefer the table to be the path to ground...  :-) 

Anyhow. One hard decision we had to make this season was that of how to approach it. Being that I still do work a full time job at a local manufacturing facility we did from time to time hire friends to help during the busy times. Several factors played into our decision, but my wife decided she would like to take a more active role at WEGNER METAL WORKS. She put her career on the back burner and is working as a team with me. For now she is doing mostly prep work, finishing, and shipping. I will remain the welder/fabricator while she takes on some logistics, accounting and various secretarial duties. She and I are very excited to now be more focused on the same goal.

The last couple weeks have been dedicated to getting caught up on orders and get our inventory of hydrometer cups built.

 
 
 Also, didnt want to say too much until it actually happened. There will be some new products "rolling" out of our shop. Blitz Cycleworks is the new handmade bicycle frame builder in Green Bay. I took a couple week trip to the west coast for a framebuilding course.  The first Blitz bike was born there. I will be specializing in Titanium handmade cycles. Steel is always a more economical option too.

My first Titanium build. Custom geometry 29er to fit me. Sram X9 2x10 parts group, Rock Shox Reba RLT fork. Chris King headset. A nothing special stock set of DT Swiss wheels with Tubless tires. The frame weighs in at 3lbs 8oz. Weight with steel pedals and heavy wheels is 25lbs. Could easily be lighter with some carbon upgrades. I raced it last weekend and finished the 40 mile 4,000 ft climb, course 14 minutes faster than last year. I'm in love with the smooth and light ride a Ti bike has to offer. 
 
If you are a cyclist or would just like to check out what's going on at Blitz Cycleworks you can follow on Facebook.  https://www.facebook.com/BlitzCycleworks. I'll be ready to accept frame orders in the next month. Still getting equipment installed and misc pieces ready to go.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment