Visit us on our website

Monday, March 22, 2010

Sugaring weekend

I finally got some time away to do some sugaring. I went to my friends sugarbush about 3 hrs. N.W. of Green Bay. He has about 200 taps in his sugarbush.  I made a 3 x 4 divided pan which he plumbed up and extended his arch for. 
Arch specs: WEGNER METAL WORKS  3 x 4  divided pan in front(3 channel), WEGNER METAL WORKS 3 x 4 divided pan in back (4 channel), preheater over rear pan, bulk tank supplying. Forced air, wood fired arch made by Mark hawkins (in picture).

you can see the progression of light to dark from right to left. This shows how the divided pan work pushing the more cooked syrup towards the end through the channels.
Parker had tons of fun running around the farm and riding on the tractors to collect.
Mud Mud Mud. Most of it came out.
This picture was early morning before we fired for the day.

All in all it was a great weekend to see my pans working in action. I learned a lot and am looking forward to doing it again. I'd like to get some land with some maples on it to start my own sugarbush now.

No comments:

Post a Comment