Visit us on our website

Friday, October 30, 2009

Shop tour


It all begins at the shear. I've used many different means of cutting but a shear is by far the quickest, and most precise cut available to me right now. I will be using this until I have a million dollars to buy a laser table. My legs will be getting a workout.

New machinery always looks so crisp.







The back gauge is nice,but with the thin metal its not usable. So I have to hand measure every piece.



I love this new shear. The cuts are very precise.




On to the brake. This is a pretty versitile machine.






Double checking with the trusty tri square.







AND bend.








Notching is next. I have a jig made up so now there's less guess work, more consistancy.










Tig welding is the best way to make these pans. Soldering seems to give more problems down the road.










A good sharp tungsten










A needle point is a must to have good TIG welds












My favorite part of the whole process is welding it all together.













No comments:

Post a Comment