Visit us on our website

Monday, January 9, 2012

A little fun

Thought I'd post a fun picture.  This fall I tried my biking skills in Cyclocross and found it to be one of the most exciting type of bike racing that I've done so far.  European influence in this sport is proven through the ringing of bells. You've probably heard them in the Olympics when held in European countries.  Well the size of the bells is typically small and have a mid to high pitch sound.   A friend of mine and I had the idea, while watching our first cyclocross race, to make the MEGA BELL.  I acted on that and came up with this. The common sized bell is pictured in front of the bell I made.  My family rang, as best they could, as I raced in Milwaukee and man is it loud!!  It turned some heads and got some serious attention. It measures 22" tall and weighs 15lbs. Made of 14ga stainless and then grained by hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment